Become   today !
Click HERE for DONATIONS
It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 23:20

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Problems with DMA for Seasons 
Field Researcher
Field Researcher

Post Problems with DMA for Seasons
I have a problem in my game, I hired a babysitter Nicole Roddy, but whilst she was at home looking after the babies, the Social Worker turned up and took them away.

Not only that, but there is no memory for the mother, having lost her kids, and I called the Adoption service, to see if she would get her babies back, but she didnt. They did give her 2 babies, after trying twice. There is no memory of adoption, neither is there a memory of losing her babies.

Whats wrong with the pack. The only EP I dont have installed (Seasons Version of DMA) is PETS.

My game (Base, UNI, NL, OFB, Seasons)

13 Jan 2008, 13:59
- - - Moderator - - -

Post Re: Problems with DMA for Seasons
missaaliyah wrote:
I have a problem in my game, I hired a babysitter Nicole Roddy, but whilst she was at home looking after the babies, the Social Worker turned up and took them away.

Not only that, but there is no memory for the mother, having lost her kids, and I called the Adoption service, to see if she would get her babies back, but she didnt. They did give her 2 babies, after trying twice. There is no memory of adoption, neither is there a memory of losing her babies.

Whats wrong with the pack. The only EP I dont have installed (Seasons Version of DMA) is PETS.

My game (Base, UNI, NL, OFB, Seasons)

I have never heard of this happening, you may have a bugged lot.
Try moving the sims to a new lot. :)

13 Jan 2008, 14:43
Field Researcher
Field Researcher

I will try that and see what happens. Thanks.

Well I tried it and it still doesnt work, the social worker appears and takes the children away, this time I used the couple. I cant remember their names. Mr & Mrs Smith I think. :lol:

13 Jan 2008, 14:55
- - - Moderator - - -

Post Re:
missaaliyah wrote:
I will try that and see what happens. Thanks.

Well I tried it and it still doesnt work, the social worker appears and takes the children away, this time I used the couple. I cant remember their names. Mr & Mrs Smith I think. :lol:

Try a new Hood. I am hoping you haven't got a bugged hood, as there is no way to fix it.

14 Jan 2008, 01:44
Field Researcher
Field Researcher

It was a brand new hood, but I will try it in one of the maxis ones I havent played.

Tested & Funny things are happening.
I picked up the phone to call one of the Nannies, and there were no DMA NPC's availalbe to call. I put the phone down, and tried again, then I had the Hitman.

Children are still being taken away, its really weird. So no, perhaps I should reinstall the packages.

14 Jan 2008, 02:00
Field Researcher
Field Researcher

This is still not working for me somehow, the NPC's are not showing up, when in fact, I checked and found that they are installed.

The only NPC showing up is the Hitman. :lol: at least my sims can get their non loved ones murdered!

16 Jan 2008, 13:40
- - - Moderator - - -

missaaliyah wrote:
This is still not working for me somehow, the NPC's are not showing up, when in fact, I checked and found that they are installed.

The only NPC showing up is the Hitman. :lol: at least my sims can get their non loved ones murdered!

:)
Could you please tell us which EP's you have installed and which version of DMA sets you have installed. Also any hacks that you have in the downloads.

16 Jan 2008, 13:57
Field Researcher
Field Researcher

The Sims 2 Deluxe
University
Open For Business
Seasons
Teen Style Stuff

I am using the Seasons version of DMA right now.

Insimenator
Inteenimator (let me say this is not showing up in my game either)

16 Jan 2008, 15:01
- - - Moderator - - -

missaaliyah wrote:
The Sims 2 Deluxe
University
Open For Business
Seasons
Teen Style Stuff

I am using the Seasons version of DMA right now.

Insimenator
Inteenimator (let me say this is not showing up in my game either)

Ok, I think I see the problem. Maxis changed the phones in pets. You could use DMA OFB sets and it would work, or look for Pets on the special table.

17 Jan 2008, 04:16
Field Researcher
Field Researcher

But I never had problems before, cause I used the Seasons download before, without having Pets, I only had pets for about 2 days, and just hated it so much, I uninstalled it, that was 2 days after it came out.

But wouldnt the OFB set then exclude stuff that came with seasons???

17 Jan 2008, 04:22
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

If you have it, I would install it and just not get any pets for my sims... I have Pets & Uni, and don't usually use either of them... I'm just addicted and get anything EA/Maxis - it does not mean I play them all, just that everything is 'up to date' for me, and I won't have any problems because I am missing something... just my $0.02

17 Jan 2008, 04:35
- - - Moderator - - -

missaaliyah wrote:
But I never had problems before, cause I used the Seasons download before, without having Pets, I only had pets for about 2 days, and just hated it so much, I uninstalled it, that was 2 days after it came out.

But wouldnt the OFB set then exclude stuff that came with seasons???

1. If you never had problems before, it is something you have recently added to downloads that is causing this. Something you have recently added or updated.

2. Yes, the OFB set it would exclude seasons items.

Did you try the game with just maxis and DMA sets to see if it works. Sorry I have lost track of who has done what.

17 Jan 2008, 06:52
Field Researcher
Field Researcher

Okay I will take out the other custom stuff and just leave the DMA stuff and see how it goes.

17 Jan 2008, 15:28
Field Researcher
Field Researcher

It worked! must be a hack that was interferring. I think I may have had a phone hack that came with a lot I installed.

I am not sure whether I may still have the same error though, when the Social Worker shows up to take the children. I tried to test it, on a family.

I am putting things back in gradually and testing it each time to make sure it works.

19 Jan 2008, 23:09
- - - Moderator - - -

missaaliyah wrote:
It worked! must be a hack that was interferring. I think I may have had a phone hack that came with a lot I installed.

I am not sure whether I may still have the same error though, when the Social Worker shows up to take the children. I tried to test it, on a family.

I am putting things back in gradually and testing it each time to make sure it works.

Hacks that come in houses cause a lot of problems. And a phone have will cause social worker problems. Did you know with BV came more intense emotions, kids get hot and social worker comes. Something to look forward too :)

20 Jan 2008, 01:18
Field Researcher
Field Researcher

I do have BV but I dont have it installed. I had to reformat a few weeks ago, but I wanted to stay of BV for a bit.

Its not because my PC cant handle it. Cause its quite powerful.

My Current PC Specs
4GB DDR2 Ram
500GB Hard Drive
ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro - 2GB
Intel Pentium Quad Core - 12000mhz

20 Jan 2008, 12:12