DMA Sims 2
Become   today !
Click HERE for DONATIONS
It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 21:41

All times are UTC + 1 hour

DMA Houses ... 
- - - Site Admin - - -

Post DMA Houses ...
All comments and questions about DMA Houses - please post here ...

NOTE: Old posts from this topic you can found in Old Topic.

07 Oct 2007, 17:02
Test Subject
Test Subject

Just wondering if their are any new houses or community lots in the works. Loved the Elcyion and 165 East Road lots...Superb work :D

23 Nov 2007, 13:29
- - - Moderator - - -

Just wondering if their are any new houses or community lots in the works. Loved the Elcyion and 165 East Road lots...Superb work :D

Thank you, for your kind words.
You never know when new houses will appear. :)

24 Nov 2007, 01:51
Test Subject
Test Subject

Post Re: DMA Houses ...
I downloaded house file to the sims 2 downloads folder, but house does not appear in the lot folder in the game. how about a step by step procedure?
thanks

13 Feb 2008, 23:19
- - - Moderator - - -

j1sharb wrote:
I downloaded house file to the sims 2 downloads folder, but house does not appear in the lot folder in the game. how about a step by step procedure?
thanks

1. Take the file back out of your downloads folder.
2. Use WinRar to unzip it if you have not already done so.
3. Notice the file is a sims 2 pack, (to be installed by Maxis installer by double clicking on the file).
4. However we use the Clean Installer to install these files as we can see what is in them.
5. Download Clean Installer (read the requirements carefully): http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/
6. Install all the programs needed, and then right-click on the house file and select Clean Installer to open the file.

7. You can just use the Maxis installer, however you can be adding all sorts of strange files to your computer that you don't know about. All the houses here are cleaned with Clean Installer before we upload, so you won't have any problems with our houses. But be careful, some other sites don't do this and you can end up with hacks and other stuff that will crash your game.
:)

If any of these steps are unclear, let me know and I will try to explain it in more detail. :)

13 Feb 2008, 23:44
Test Subject
Test Subject

Thanks a lot--I'll install the clean installer and give it a try- I was reading some other posts- lots of talk about the inno setup? any ideas on that?

14 Feb 2008, 02:31
- - - Moderator - - -

j1sharb wrote:
Thanks a lot--I'll install the clean installer and give it a try- I was reading some other posts- lots of talk about the inno setup? any ideas on that?

Does that mean initial setup?, I am not net speak conversant.

When you want to install Clean Installer you also need to install: NET framework to run Clean Installer, you can obtain it from.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Or there is probably a link on the Clean Installer page.
It should be part of windows as a lot of programs need it. Clean Installer has many uses, you can find empty packets, duplicates and hacks (although sometimes it read a file as a hack, when it isn't). Not all hacks are bad, if you remember installing the file leave it alone. And none of DMA files are hacks, but they appear that way in Clean Installer. It hasn't been updated for awhile. :)

14 Feb 2008, 03:53
Test Subject
Test Subject

I installed it-- discovered about 30 other files of downloads mishandled previously, but the clean installer, handled all of them flawlessly.
thanks.

14 Feb 2008, 14:01
- - - Moderator - - -

j1sharb wrote:
I installed it-- discovered about 30 other files of downloads mishandled previously, but the clean installer, handled all of them flawlessly.
thanks.

Your welcome, I am happy to help. It is a great program. And welcome to DMA Sims. :)

14 Feb 2008, 22:20
Test Subject
Test Subject

not on the subject but, everytime I enter a neighborhood or go anywhere else, I get this damn error messsage "invalid constant, adult athlethics"- I tried to debug but all the articles said to use a sims cheat that does not exist. it is very annoying and takes three deletes everytime to make it go away. any ideas?
thanks

17 Feb 2008, 17:48
- - - Moderator - - -

j1sharb wrote:
not on the subject but, everytime I enter a neighborhood or go anywhere else, I get this damn error messsage "invalid constant, adult athlethics"- I tried to debug but all the articles said to use a sims cheat that does not exist. it is very annoying and takes three deletes everytime to make it go away. any ideas? thanks

I have never seen this error message. Danny may have an idea. It may mean you have a bugged hood, is it only one hood, or all of them?

17 Feb 2008, 22:30
- - - Site Admin - - -

I have never seen this error message either. Weird...

18 Feb 2008, 00:22
Test Subject
Test Subject

well- pleastantown and all the ones associated with it- the three colleges and three vacation isands- I'll check the other two hoods and let you know.
thanks again-

18 Feb 2008, 20:33
- - - Moderator - - -

j1sharb wrote:
well- pleastantown and all the ones associated with it- the three colleges and three vacation isands- I'll check the other two hoods and let you know.
thanks again-

The bug only needs to be in the main hood. Unfortunately the others are linked.
I have lost Pleasantview so many times I have lost count. I just re-load the hood and start again.
:)

18 Feb 2008, 22:15
Test Subject
Test Subject

thank you ......

20 Feb 2008, 12:26