DMA Sims 2
Become   today !
Click HERE for DONATIONS
It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 10:22

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 WooHoo Set ... Hookers and woohoo objects ... 
Test Subject
Test Subject

Post nevermind
the way it used to be setup you clicked on the booth to assine the hooker but now i just you click on the picture to assine them i just now figured it out.

23 Oct 2007, 03:01
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Good! So everything is working fine for you now? :D

23 Oct 2007, 03:08
Test Subject
Test Subject

yes everything is working fine i feel like a goof :up:

23 Oct 2007, 19:41
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

23 Oct 2007, 21:04
Test Subject
Test Subject

Post Getting Stuck
I downloaded the University version of the woohoo set. Placed the booths on the lot and assigned personnel to them. Even got some paying customers, but half the time when the person assigned to the booth goes and stands in front of it, everyone freezes. The whole game doesn't freeze because the TV is still playing and I can buy/delete objects from the buy screen. The clock just freezes, and the only way I figured out to unfreeze it is to use the "moveObjects on" cheat and delete the assigned person and then unassign the booth. Then I can reassign, the new person comes, and if she stands in front of the booth, it freezes again. :( Help....please
(I have base game, univ, pets, and seasons. I tried downloading seasons version but it didn't work because there was no picture to place. So, I'm using University version of woohoo. Hopefully, that is the right one...)

06 Nov 2007, 01:01
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Unfortunately, I don't believe the Uni set is the correct one for you. Danny or Lori will probably be able to answer this one... since I have every Exp & Stuff Pack, I don't know about the different combinations.

I would try the Season's set again, in the meantime...
(sorry I can't be more help)

06 Nov 2007, 01:36
Test Subject
Test Subject

I tried the Pets version, and it works much better. No freezing so far. With the Seasons version, no picture showed up in my buy screen, so I couldn't assign anyone. I guess there is no way around that?
Also, I'm thinking about doing the VIP download. Would I have to have the latest version of DMA for the VIP stuff to work? For example, would it work with my Pets version download? Thought I would make sure it will work before I pay for it.

06 Nov 2007, 05:30
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Sorry, ruby... the VIP version just gets you more goodies; for the most 'updated' version you would need all the Expansions and all the Stuff Packs.

Once a new Exp or Stuff pack comes out - things are updated for everything *up to that point*! It would be too difficult (and time consuming) to make everything reverse-compatible.

Did you check in Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous? All DMA (non-build) tend to show up there.

HMMM..... I just realized something... you mentioned the picture - but as far as I remember the 'picture' is only for BV, not for Seasons - unless my memory fails me (as it does often), and I will be corrected shortly. :oops:

06 Nov 2007, 05:57
Test Subject
Test Subject

Post VIP?
So, I have Woohoo Pets version and Workers Seasons. Would it really mess things up if I did the VIP downloads, even though I don't have all the EPs?

06 Nov 2007, 23:56
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

You need to choose just 1 DMA version... it is usually for your latest expansion, which in your case would be Seasons... You will get a WooHoo Booth instead of a picture. Once you get it to work, *then* I suggest you get the VIP. :)

07 Nov 2007, 00:31
Test Subject
Test Subject

Okay, so I'm not trying to be difficult. But... Seasons woohoo won't work in my game. No picture shows up in the miscellaneous section, and there are no actions on the booth. You can't click on the booth at all. I'm not sure why Pets would work and Seasons doesn't, when I have both expansions. What am I doing wrong?

07 Nov 2007, 03:47
- - - Moderator - - -

Okay, so I'm not trying to be difficult. But... Seasons woohoo won't work in my game. No picture shows up in the miscellaneous section, and there are no actions on the booth. You can't click on the booth at all. I'm not sure why Pets would work and Seasons doesn't, when I have both expansions. What am I doing wrong?

You may have something in your downloads folder that is stopping it from working. Maybe a hack?
I am not positive that the picture will work without OFB (I think the photo booth came with OFB). It should, but only Danny will know for sure.
Can you check your Downloads folder for \DMA Sims 2\Woohoo Set\ dmaOBJ_WHPicture. Just to see if it is in the game. :)

07 Nov 2007, 04:23
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

I was also going suggest the basics... remove all your Downloads, install a EA/Maxis download so that you have the correct place and file-name, and then install the DMA package for Seasons without *any* other downloads in your game, and see how *that* works out....

07 Nov 2007, 04:30
Test Subject
Test Subject

I took away all the downloads I have, and only had DMA stuff in my download folder. It still didn't work. I guess my computer is just being difficult.
I'm fine with the Pets version, so I will probably just go back to that.

07 Nov 2007, 16:57
Test Subject
Test Subject

Post COA (red wall unit)
Hello.

I have Windows XP Pro SP2. I have all expansion packs through Bon Voyage and all stuff packs through Teen Style Stuff. I downloaded all the VIP sets for EP6.

I used to have the VIP set for EP5. I somehow corrupted my Sims game, so I had to uninstall and reinstall. When I did this, I did not bother to back up my downloads and lost everything. I knew I was getting EP6 and just waited for your DMA release for EP6.

Anyway, the COA (red wall unit) in EP5 used to provide the information for Aspiration. Now, it is blank. I was hoping it was an oversight by Danny(?) and not another bug in my own game. If so, will this be fixed and re-released???

Another thing missing from the EP6 COA is the sexual preference. It does give the number female/male, but omits the actual word "Female" or "Male." Again, hoping this can be addressed, since I do not always remember that the first number is for females.

Also, I play my game, to the best of my ability, without allowing my married people (even w/romance aspiration) to cheat on spouse. But, as my memory is poor, I do not always remember who is married. Wondered if Danny(?) would consider adding this information to the COA.

BTW, love all of the sets. Will continue to use them even if these minor requests are deemed unnecessary.

Thank you for making available for simmers like me.

NancyLuR3

11 Nov 2007, 03:55
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Quote:
did not bother to back up my downloads and lost everything

Don't feel too bad, I have done that too... many a time! :oops:

I will test in my game about the preference... I know the picture gives that info about the hookers, but have not really noticed that in the COA.... maybe you also had Insimenator in your game? I *know* that will give you the sexual preference as will ACR.

Anything that happens in a DMA house is without "jealousy consequence"... so it does not really matter if your sims are married or not.

If you *really* want your married sims not to stray while having a DMA house... I suggest you create that house in a neighborhood only populated by singles.

[eta] :oops: I can post pics of where you can find Aspiration Information, if you need it.

11 Nov 2007, 10:11
Test Subject
Test Subject

I can post pics of where you can find Aspiration Information, if you need it.

That would be fantastic!! Thank you kindly for the prompt reply as well as the above offer. Look forward to that post.

11 Nov 2007, 11:00
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

:oops: I tested in my game, and I believe you found an OOPS that escaped us in Beta Testing.
I apologize; the omission has been noted, and will be corrected as soon as possible.

12 Nov 2007, 00:40
Test Subject
Test Subject

hmmn 2 times in the last week i have saved my game thinking nothing was wrong and then 2 diff hookers tryed to take client to the sauna at the same time and lock everything up..... one would be inside while another client sits in the door way and locked up all progress :(

17 Nov 2007, 19:35
- - - Moderator - - -

hmmn 2 times in the last week i have saved my game thinking nothing was wrong and then 2 diff hookers tryed to take client to the sauna at the same time and lock everything up..... one would be inside while another client sits in the door way and locked up all progress :(

The problem is in your room set up, make sure you have more than one sauna, and keep them central to where you place the hooker pictures. If you place the pictures all together, you will get problems. This is due to Maxis, Sims have problems when their route is blocked. :)

17 Nov 2007, 22:54
Test Subject
Test Subject

I have nightlife and open for business. The open for business version requires university, which i don't have. Which version should I download? Should I get the base version?

27 Nov 2007, 02:50
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Yes, I suggest you get the base version. Let me know how it goes.

27 Nov 2007, 03:48
Test Subject
Test Subject

Every time i try to install it an error screen pops up. The pop-up says it has encountered an error and it pops up up before the installation process starts :(

28 Nov 2007, 00:47
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Do you know how to clear your cache? If you do, have you done it lately?

28 Nov 2007, 01:26
Test Subject
Test Subject

It says the woohoo starter pack has encountered a problem and needs to close. I just cleared my cache and the error still popped up.

28 Nov 2007, 06:34
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next