DMA Sims 2
Become   today !
Click HERE for DONATIONS
It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 10:19

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 WooHoo Set ... Hookers and woohoo objects ... 
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Can you log in as Administrator and try to install?

11 Oct 2007, 02:10
- - - Moderator - - -

If you have any pop up or ad blocker on your browser, it may cause this to happen.
Allow Valdea complete access through your browser and see if that helps. If you need help let us know which browser you need help with. :)

11 Oct 2007, 02:21
Lab Assistant
Lab Assistant

my comp is already the administrator account. I only have that one open as users for my xp. I also have valdea as an exception for my popups. Its real frustrating lol I dont understand what is going on. I use IE6

11 Oct 2007, 03:46
- - - Moderator - - -

my comp is already the administrator account. I only have that one open as users for my xp. I also have valdea as an exception for my popups. Its real frustrating lol I dont understand what is going on. I use IE6

We can understand the frustration, It is just something within your computer blocking the installer. Do you know how to check what programs and processes are running?

For awhile i could see no pictures from this site because of my browser settings. I use Mozilla.

11 Oct 2007, 03:59
Lab Assistant
Lab Assistant

no I dont know how to do that. I do have both browsers installed..maybe I should try firefox to install it.

nope that didnt work either :evil:

11 Oct 2007, 04:25
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

What did it tell you with Firefox?? I had to save to my desktop and then install from there.

11 Oct 2007, 05:43
Lab Assistant
Lab Assistant

yeah it saved it to my desktop then when I put in my code it said it was an illegal code.

11 Oct 2007, 06:06
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

I have the Comcast firewall, the XP default firewall, and my router's firewall going on - and I was still able to download to my Desktop with Firefox without a problem.... <scratches head>

11 Oct 2007, 06:11
Lab Assistant
Lab Assistant

it downloaded it to desktop but didnt verify my code right, it said illegal code.

11 Oct 2007, 06:56
- - - Moderator - - -

it downloaded it to desktop but didnt verify my code right, it said illegal code.

I don't suppose you have another computer there, that you could try.
It doesn't need to be downloaded to that computer, I am just curious to see if it will verify.
Nobody else that had trouble came back with any more info.
And when I used your code, it went straight in. :(

11 Oct 2007, 10:23
Test Subject
Test Subject

If you all have Vista, it may be as simple as that.

No problems here (I have Vista Ultimate).

Here's my setup:

(OS already stated above)

Win Firewall on, without blocking all incoming connections.

No Anti-Virus (Don't bother saying that I should have one, 'cause I know I should... I am just too lazy...)

Something hopelessly off topic I just have to say: Darn, need to keep working for my A+ Certification... I know hardware like the back of my hand, just not the firm/software stuff.

P.S. I'll try setting my firewall to block all incoming and try the installer, I'll edit this post to say what happens.

EDIT: Blocking all incoming connections doesen't have any effect.
EDIT3: Darned misspelling of my own name.....

Regards,

Kurtis

12 Oct 2007, 01:37
- - - Moderator - - -

No problems here (I have Vista Ultimate).

Here's my setup:

(OS already stated above)

Win Firewall on, without blocking all incoming connections.

No Anti-Virus (Don't bother saying that I should have one, 'cause I know I should... I am just too lazy...)

Something hopelessly off topic I just have to say: Darn, need to keep working for my A+ Certification... I know hardware like the back of my hand, just not the firm/software stuff.

P.S. I'll try setting my firewall to block all incoming and try the installer, I'll edit this post to say what happens.

EDIT: Blocking all incoming connections doesen't have any effect.
EDIT3: Darned misspelling of my own name.....

Regards,

Kurtis

As far as I can see the only common factor is the windows firewall.
I presume you tried turning your firewall off and trying the installer again.
I haven't used the windows firewall for years, And Comodo have a free AV as well as a firewall if you are interested. :)
Software glitches are much harder to track down. 2 members got around the problem, but aren't sure what they did. I have sent them pm's asking if they can supply more information.

12 Oct 2007, 02:01
Lab Assistant
Lab Assistant

Hi I finally got my code verified. I found out what my problem was. I have hughesnet aka directway for my provider and evidently they have a firewall that was blocking it. What I had to do was log onto my neighbors network to get it to work. Thank you all very much for your help.

12 Oct 2007, 04:02
- - - Moderator - - -

Hi I finally got my code verified. I found out what my problem was. I have hughesnet aka directway for my provider and evidently they have a firewall that was blocking it. What I had to do was log onto my neighbors network to get it to work. Thank you all very much for your help.

I am glad you got it, I hope this information helps the others. Maybe their ISP is doing the blocking. :)

12 Oct 2007, 04:04
Test Subject
Test Subject

Noooo.... It is working, I was just posting there to state that Vista is not the problem.

EDIT: *says to himself: at least she didn't say I should have an AV, just that there is one I can get*..... We have plenty of AV crud lying around my house, and it wouldn't be too big of a deal to pay $50-$100 for a new one.

Regards,

Kurtis

13 Oct 2007, 00:34
Test Subject
Test Subject

Hey I have installed it but it still isn't in my game there was nothing with illegal code or something else it just isn't in my game has someone an idea?

13 Oct 2007, 18:26
Test Subject
Test Subject

13 Oct 2007, 20:54
- - - Site Admin - - -

I've got it now my mistake hehe

OK. 8)

14 Oct 2007, 00:15
Test Subject
Test Subject

Post NPC strange behaviour
Hello all,

after remembering my account name here :roll: I succeeded finally getting the new files.... Needed almost one and a half hour, as for downloading in the past I had only to click and load the files. This time I had to log in before I was able to see the download button ....
Maybe it is because my native language is german
Honestly speaking I prefer the old way for downloading :)

OK, that's not that what I wanted to tell. My configuration is windows xp, and sims 2 with all expansions. I have several downloads in the download folder, but as far as I know no telephone hacks. sims language is german
I have also cboys nudist hack in download folder

My problems are:

1.) Sometimes I get a call from a dma wohoo npc. Then my sim is standing doing nothing during the call. nothing, absolutely nothing happens until i finish the call. the same happens when i call the dma npc. this is not new, this behaviour was there earlier also. I didn't report until now. :oops:

2.) The wohoo sims often stuck. After a while they take only the money, but don't enter the wohoo cabin. the sim pays again and pays again.... when I disassign the npc, he often leaves the next day or so. This problem is connected to another one. Sometimes when the shift changes, the new npc don't arrive at work... :?: When I try to reassign, the npcs with the strange behaviour are not available there anymore. I got this problem a bit fixed since I use pescado's lot debugger. I nuke the work state, then the npcs are available per invite function of the dma controller. I invite them and send them back home. Then they are available again in assign view.

btw.. of course i removed the other hacks from my download folder for testing, but the problems remained.

Finally, (thought i had 3 items, but can only remember 2 now :cry: )
Yes, will there be a german translation for the npcs ? I could assist with it and I am sure others would like this option too - or am I the only customer from Germany ?

it is great work you have done with these npcs. would like to see more special outfits for them and maybe 1 or 2 more female nanny & housekeeper npcs more - like betty - but I know that is another task :wink:

Have a great time all

15 Oct 2007, 17:22
Test Subject
Test Subject

Hey I'm from Belgium and not from Germany but german is my first language too.
So if you want a second opinion ...
But for the rest my "personel" doesn't leave in their own even if I end ther shift I always have to send them away :roll:

LG

15 Oct 2007, 19:51
- - - Moderator - - -

Post Re: NPC strange behaviour
SigiZ58 wrote:
Hello all,

Honestly speaking I prefer the old way for downloading :)

OK, that's not that what I wanted to tell. My configuration is windows xp, and sims 2 with all expansions. I have several downloads in the download folder, but as far as I know no telephone hacks. sims language is german
I have also cboys nudist hack in download folder

My problems are:

1.) Sometimes I get a call from a dma wohoo npc. Then my sim is standing doing nothing during the call. nothing, absolutely nothing happens until i finish the call. the same happens when i call the dma npc. this is not new, this behaviour was there earlier also. I didn't report until now. :oops:

2.) The wohoo sims often stuck. After a while they take only the money, but don't enter the wohoo cabin. the sim pays again and pays again.... when I disassign the npc, he often leaves the next day or so. This problem is connected to another one. Sometimes when the shift changes, the new npc don't arrive at work... :?: When I try to reassign, the npcs with the strange behaviour are not available there anymore. I got this problem a bit fixed since I use pescado's lot debugger. I nuke the work state, then the npcs are available per invite function of the dma controller. I invite them and send them back home. Then they are available again in assign view.

btw.. of course i removed the other hacks from my download folder for testing, but the problems remained.

Yes, will there be a german translation for the npcs ? I could assist with it and I am sure others would like this option too - or am I the only customer from Germany ?
Have a great time all

We are keeping the new installer, so I guess we all better get used to it.

1.) This is caused by a maxis bug, and there is nothing we can do about it. If you don't make friends with the staff it doesn't happen. And you can just delete the action from the queue.

2.) Room flow has a lot to do with the staff getting stuck, make sure there is plenty of room for them to move around.
The other bit: all you have to do is go to another lot and assign staff there, then they will be fixed on the 1st lot.
Most of these problems you are talking about are down to Maxis coding, and without hacking there is little we can do to fix it. And we don't hack!

The translation thing is NO, we had translations for several languages, but it was slowing down the release of the sets waiting for the translations to come back. As well as the fact it increases the size of the sets a lot.
Have you ever read the front page there is a lot of useful info there.
http://valdea.com/

16 Oct 2007, 07:55
Test Subject
Test Subject

thank you for your second opinion and the impicite welcome :wink:

you see, it doesn't help.... english is the main world language and there can be done nothing with it :P

enough joking

@lori

ok, can accept the arguments partially, as i see, when you do in english, frensh, japaneze.....etc. might come. I don't see really the matter with the size as text is normally really little percentage of file size. But the thing with making releases slower i see again.

about the other points - if those are maxis bugs it can't be fixed by you, i see.

finally - i read this page(s) already of course, but found nothing there relating to my quetions.... and don't forget english isn't my mother language. it is enough to communicate a little bit, but when i read english text, a common understanding is enough for me :wink:

thanks for fast reply

17 Oct 2007, 17:06
- - - Moderator - - -

Welcome to the forum.

The Woohoo workers never used to ring on the phone and cause problems, this started fairly recently (maybe with Seasons). This is how I know Maxis changed something that caused this. And it is not something they consider when making Eps.

I have been testing the sets for 2 years, everyday so I know when something changes.
Danny has to change things every time a new EP or Patch is released.

The same as the houses on site for download, the floor plan worked with the sets when they were made. Now the older ones might cause problems, because the sets have changed.

And Danny said "the sets were quite a bit smaller without the translations". So I figure it is good, he can add more items. And he has!

I am sorry that English is a problem, but the world needs a universal language. And it is considered easy to learn.
I am English by birth, and live in Australia. When I first came here I had to learn a new language, Oz people have a language all their own. Something like English! G'day, aveagoodweekend.
ROFL

17 Oct 2007, 20:59
Test Subject
Test Subject

Post help
i upgraded my DMA sets with the new bon voyage downloader and all the sets are there but when i try to click on the WOOHOO booth it says no actions avalible.i have all the expantion pack and family stuff pack.

22 Oct 2007, 20:05
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

What are you trying to do? Give me a few minutes to load up my game and try... but I've never tried to click on one of the objects.

The way I have it set up... there's the Madam, the customer walks up to the madam or directly to the hooker, he pays and he gets whatever he is paying for without any intervention on my part.

22 Oct 2007, 23:29
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next