DMA Sims 2
Become   today !
Click HERE for DONATIONS
It is currently 23 Jun 2017, 16:33

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Workers Set ... Maids, Janitor, Babysitter ... 
- - - Moderator - - -

Post Re: Workers Set ... Maids, Janitor, Babysitter ...
I am guessing that you are using the new crib & change table, Maxis forgot some coding. Maxis nanny won't use it either.
Danny has fixed it and we are testing it at the moment. Just use the old cribs & chance table for now.
I don't know why you would use the normal maid and a manager when you could just use Bettie.
Maxis made bathing very attractive, unfortunately.
:lol:

23 Mar 2008, 21:18
Test Subject
Test Subject

Yes, I've recently discovered how wonderful Bettie is. Though to lessen her duties I hired the maxis maid and a gardener. I only have the babysitter because I play a medieval neighborhood.
I don't use the new nursery items from Freetime. I use custom ones I downloaded that look good for a medieval time nursery. If i put the maxis change table and crib she will use it and put the baby back in the crib then? I'll see if I can find a invisible recolor or something to overlay them. That's how I have the cook working. I put the uni stove inside a medieval one I downloaded. I need to get a invisible one though. :)
Thanks.

23 Mar 2008, 21:48
- - - Moderator - - -

tiffyt11206 wrote:
Yes, I've recently discovered how wonderful Bettie is. Though to lessen her duties I hired the maxis maid and a gardener. I only have the babysitter because I play a medieval neighborhood.
I don't use the new nursery items from Freetime. I use custom ones I downloaded that look good for a medieval time nursery. If i put the maxis change table and crib she will use it and put the baby back in the crib then? I'll see if I can find a invisible recolor or something to overlay them. That's how I have the cook working. I put the uni stove inside a medieval one I downloaded. I need to get a invisible one though. :)
Thanks.

I wonder what crib they used as a base for your Custom content crib?
Annette is a good option as a gardener. Or Jon & Cassandra.

23 Mar 2008, 23:22
Test Subject
Test Subject

Note for the person with the Claudia College question.... (this was a few pages back, and as near as I could tell unanswered - can't scroll back far enough to get the name - sorry)

I haven't played Claudia on a University lot in ages as I never could get a decent day's work out of her. She spent her time doing homework and attending classes. Okay... she did some cleaning too, but I quit using her on university lots because I wanted the maid to clean...not learn. My assumption was that this was happening because she was a young adult on a university lot, and never worried about it.

29 Mar 2008, 07:52
- - - Moderator - - -

kendawgwv wrote:
Note for the person with the Claudia College question.... (this was a few pages back, and as near as I could tell unanswered - can't scroll back far enough to get the name - sorry)

I haven't played Claudia on a University lot in ages as I never could get a decent day's work out of her. She spent her time doing homework and attending classes. Okay... she did some cleaning too, but I quit using her on university lots because I wanted the maid to clean...not learn. My assumption was that this was happening because she was a young adult on a university lot, and never worried about it.

It was Sonshine.

I assumed as DMdye had answered the original post, that she had replied to the whole thing.
You are correct, Young Adults don't work well at Uni. There are other workers that can be used in their place. Igor, Cass & Jon. :)

29 Mar 2008, 21:59
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

I apologize for the incompleteness in my answer.

But, like i said in my post, until that day I had not even *tried* Claudia because I favor Bettie - much, much less in a University setting.

29 Mar 2008, 23:23
Test Subject
Test Subject

*chuckle* I generally favor Victoria... aways have. I'd tried Claudia out as I figured she would blend in better. Cas and Jon didn't exist back then. I've found that Igor is the funnest to use on uni lots though just because he looks so out of his element there.

30 Mar 2008, 00:18
- - - Moderator - - -

DMDye wrote:
I apologize for the incompleteness in my answer.

But, like i said in my post, until that day I had not even *tried* Claudia because I favor Bettie - much, much less in a University setting.

There is no need to apologise, the fault was mine. I never checked.
ASS-U-ME ..I am constantly assuming and making an ass out of myself.

I think we all prefer Bettie.
But as she is a YA, she is pretty useless at Uni as well.

30 Mar 2008, 02:07
Field Researcher
Field Researcher

Inge @ Simlogical has made a hack that makes the nanny acknowledge the Free Time nursery set as well as custom sets.

http://tinyurl.com/2744jr

QUOTED FROM INGE:
This is a patch to the nanny template, to enable her to recognise the new FT cribs etc, and probably most custom babycare items too.

Nannies run scripts which are stored on their own character files, unlike normal sims, and the template will therefore only affect newly created nannies, so I have also provided a pre-patched version of each of the three premade nannies.

This fix is compatible with FT, and has a good possibility of being compatible with BV and even back to Seasons.

30 Mar 2008, 07:07
- - - Site Admin - - -

missaaliyah wrote:
Inge @ Simlogical has made a hack that makes the nanny acknowledge the Free Time nursery set as well as custom sets.

NOTE: Above patch don't affect DMA Babysitters (Nicole & Cassandra) !

Free Time version of DMA Babysitters will be able to "see" new nursery items. We testing stuff and Free Time version will be available soon.

30 Mar 2008, 09:31
Field Researcher
Field Researcher

Looking forward to this, thanks Danny. Inge's hack works with the normal NPC's. I usually hire both Nicole and a NPC Nanny. Because both are quite lazy to me.

30 Mar 2008, 23:42
- - - Moderator - - -

missaaliyah wrote:
Looking forward to this, thanks Danny. Inge's hack works with the normal NPC's. I usually hire both Nicole and a NPC Nanny. Because both are quite lazy to me.

Well at least Nicole doesn't leave the lot with the baby tucked under her arm. :rofl:

31 Mar 2008, 01:27
Test Subject
Test Subject

Hi all, I have already installed the latest version of worker set starter pack in Sims 2 BV.
Thanks for your sharing of these great stuffs.

It seems that everything works smoothly, however the "Invite" function works wrongly.
In neighborhood "Pleasantview", there is no way for me to chose different service npcs as the same 3 npcs are shown under every types of service.

In other neighborhoods, I am not allowed to invite any service npcs as the command is deleted by the system automatically after I clicked "Invite" > "Service NPCs" > "Maid (or any npc)".

Please help.

10 Apr 2008, 07:53
- - - Moderator - - -

kaolin460 wrote:
It seems that everything works smoothly, however the "Invite" function works wrongly.
In neighborhood "Pleasantview", there is no way for me to chose different service npcs as the same 3 npcs are shown under every types of service.

In other neighborhoods, I am not allowed to invite any service npcs as the command is deleted by the system automatically after I clicked "Invite" > "Service NPCs" > "Maid (or any npc)".

Please help.

We are checking into the problem. :)

10 Apr 2008, 10:08
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6